Sunday 21 July 2013

Week 28 of the photo a day challenge

This week's theme was "upside down". So pictures of things that are upside down, pictures taken upside down and pictures that have been flipped or rotated. We were to try and avoid point and click and random flipping, we were encouraged to try capitalise on our growing skills, continue working on the development of our own style.

So Sunday (Day 188) I went for a bit of a theme blend shot, as I'm in the shot, and upside down



I was really proud of Monday's shot. I spent most of the day on Sunday imagining an egg in an eggcup but the whole thing upside down, but I had no idea how to make it work. Then out of the blue on Sunday evening one of my friends from the photo group sent me a picture of an upside down egg and eggcup saying she thought it would look better than it did. I couldn't believe we'd had the same idea. Anyway seeing hers made me think it would work in low key (shot in the dark with a single light source) and she convinced me to try it.....so I made good use of by black, reflective granite worktop too



One Tuesday I opted for simple and flipped, Emily's 'make-your-own' dream catcher was hanging on the living room door, so I thought it would look good upside down



Wednesday's shot - the feathers from yesterday got me thinking about things dangling under the force of gravity, but then rotated. So I went with a water bomb (but I choose pink and it looks a bit like a boob!)



There had been a few wine glass refraction shots this week and I suggested that we all should post a version of it, here was mine for Thursday's photo



I went with simple for Friday's shot. Emily's pretty headband and the reflection in our shiny black TV cabinet



And I finished the week with this rotated image of my lovely 1916 Kodak bellows camera. Well, we're supposed to be selling this for my mother-in-law, but I love it and to be honest I don't think it's worth very much as it has a poor quality meniscus lens (otherwise I'd be tempted to buy some 120 film and use it!)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
All images are owned by Nicola Dawes unless otherwise stated

No comments:

Post a Comment