Tuesday 4 June 2013

Week 9 of the photo a day challenge

Week 9's theme was "Buildings", the outside of buildings and we could include the whole building or just interesting parts of buildings. I had a bit of a wobble at the start of the week as I didn't think I would have time to get any pictures of the amazing buildings in Leeds, but I managed to get through the week.

The first day - 55 I played it safe (like a few others in the group) and used a picture of my house




For Day 56 I took a photo of where I work, I used a grunge overlay effect in snapseed and added a frame. I was really pleased with the result.




Day 57 I got a shot of a building I pass on my way to work from the train station. This used to be a bank when I was a kid. It's a betting shop now.




On Day 58 I took a shot of a strange circular building from the platform on the train station in Leeds. I saw this being built as my train pulls in right next to it and it's actually apartments - I'd love to see inside them.




For Day 59 I took this picture of a glass fronted building next to my work, it looks really cool on a bright sunny day




On Day 60 I had a wonder around town at lunchtime and took quite a few photos, but decided to use this one of the ornate entrance to one of the arcades in Leeds.




For my final picture of the week I used a montage software to compare the grand Leeds market building with the rather colourful (and perhaps very 80's) Barnsley market building



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment