Saturday 15 June 2013

Week 22 of the photo a day challenge

This week was "Animals and insects" week. Pretty simple really. It was half term for most of the country too, so we were allowed to use up to three photos from the same day if we had had a day out to say a farm or a zoo or something.

We were at the in-laws at the weekend in Hornsea and we went to the Mere on Sunday for breakfast. I took Mr. Nikon and got loads of photos. There were tonnes of geese and ducks at the Mere which became the subject of many photos!

I decided to restrict myself this week to not using my own cats as the subject

So on Sunday at the Mere I saw a great theme-blend opportunity with this Canadian goose since last week's theme was reflection. There's getting to be quite a trend of theme-blend photos on Sundays now in the group so I couldn't resist using this shot.




Day 147 was bank holiday Monday, we took the kids to the park and I stood among some wild flowers for ages waiting for at least one of the many butterflies to settle on a flower near me. I only had my iPhone with me and they just weren't playing ball. Then Archie spotted this fly (or "beep" as Emily called it - she means bee but calls them beeps) - and no, that's not dog poo, it's a piece of bark, but so many people have said it looks like dog poo at first glance!




I was back to work on Tuesday, and for the rest of the week, so no zoos or farms for me! I snapped the neighbours cat basking in the sun on our patio for Tuesday's shot. He's such a handsome cat and seems to love our house even though we already have two cats. This was also taken with my iPhone.





Wednesday's picture was another one from the Mere on Sunday as I'd had a busy day at work and didn't see any animals except for my own cats. I loved this goose though, he posed for me for ages and was looking right at me as he knew exactly what he was doing. He turned round to let me photograph him from all sides and stood perfectly still while I was doing so. This was take with Mr. Nikon. Maybe he recognised a good camera!



For Thursday's shot I used this lovely beetle we found in the garden. I caught it on a dish cloth and used a HRD technique I recently discovered - which resulted in the bright white background and dark crisp beetle.



On Friday I took this shot of Fizzy the dog who belongs to my friend Thom. She's a gorgeous dog and loves the kids.



On Saturday I used a third photo from Hornsea Mere, my mother-in-law surrounded by geese and ducks, all wanting some of our left over garlic bread!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment