Tuesday 21 May 2013

Week 4 of the photo,a day challenge

Week 4 was the first real technically challenging week. The theme was "macro". This was described to us as getting as close to a subject as your equipment will allow so that the camera picks up detail the eye doesn't necessarily notice. It sounded really exciting, but with only my iPhone to use I thought it was going to be real struggle.... Until I discovered you can buy magnetic lenses for the iPhone. £8 got me a macro/wide angle lens and a fish eye lens, but they didn't arrive until near the end of the week.

So for day 20 I tried a close up of broccoli,




Day 21 I went for a close up of lunch and I was fairly impressed with the iPhone's macro capabilities, but still couldn't wait for my macro lens to arrive




Day 22 had me taking a cheeky shot of a Stranger's iPad cover on the train, she must have thought I was getting my phone a bit close, because shortly after taking this picture she moved it!




On day 23 I attempted a bit of an arty shot with some soup-mix, you know, barley, lentils and grains that you add to soup




For day 24 I nicked my work mate's milkshake ball just because it looked interesting (still waiting for my macro lens to arrive)





Day 25 and I snapped my cat yawning




And just in time for day 26 my macro lens arrived! I immediately began looking around for things 'to macro' and was very excited about this shot of the side of a matchbox






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment