Tuesday 21 May 2013

Photography has take over!

Cheesy sausages is what I get my kids to say when I'm trying to get them to smile for a photograph - it usually results in laughs rather than smiles though. My kids feature quite a lot in my photography. I've always loved taking photos, but never really considered myself to be good at it.


In January 2013 I decided to join a friend in her photography challenge - taking a photo every day, following a different theme each week, for a year. It sounded like fun. Little did I know it would almost take over my life! There's a small group of us doing this challenge now and every day we post our pics on a Facebook group page. My friend sets the brief each week and off we go. I started out with just my iPhone 4 but have recently bought a second hand DSLR camera (told you it was taking over my life) and I'm now lusting over zoom lenses, filters, tripods and the like.

I've learnt so much since January and (I think) my photography skills have improved loads since I started. I've also become addicted to editing apps!

I'm planning to write a post for each week of the challenge (I've got a bit of catching up to do) but I'm fairly new to blogging so please bear with me.

Most of my photographs are taken on my iPhone since I usually have it with me everywhere I go, plus I discovered it has a fantastic camera. Here's a picture I took with it a few months back that I'm pretty pleased with.



.
And it also takes good macro (really close up) photos like this daisy




One last one for today, my boy pointed this out on the way home from school yesterday and insisted I took a photo of it





These are all non photo challenge shots, as well as taking photos of my kids, you'll see I love nature too.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment