Tuesday 21 May 2013

Macro photography

I could barely contain my excitement when the lenses for my iPhone arrived. At last I was able to attempt proper macro shots. I ordered the lenses online from Amazon. They come with some metal rings, which are used to attach them to the phone. The ring has a backing paper, which when peeled off reveals some kind of cement glue. Some of the reviews said that this glue didn't seem to stick to the phone casing, I tried and found the same, but it stuck brilliantly to my cheap plastic iPhone cover.

The first thing I took a picture of was my engagement ring (obviously the closest thing I had to hand)




Then since I had done broccoli during macro week for the photo challenge I wanted to see what difference the macro lens made - I was amazed




I really wanted to get one of those shots you see where an image is focused on through a water droplet, but it didn't quite come out as well as I'd like. I'm not sure if it's down to the quality of the lens, my patience or both, but this is about the best I could manage




Or this one





However I really loved this shot I got of water on my orchid leaf





Yes, for £8 I was pretty impressed with my new lenses



But enough playing with macro - on with the daily challenge!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment